Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MIND OVER MATTER Automanipulation 1995




Featuring members of Milhouse and Error Type 11, this was Mind Over Matter's second and final full length release. This is by far my most favourite hardcore release. I used to play this in the record store where I worked and drive out the Michael Bolton and Mariah Carey fans. This unwashed knuckledragger guy used to come in all the time and make disparaging remarks about everything I played because he hated my music and he particularly hated this band, so I made sure to put it on every time he came in. Needless to say, he wasn't a fan of NYHC (New York Hardcore).
After Mind Over Matter broke up, George became the vocalist in the band Day In The Life, who had one release on TVT Records and never got the recognition they deserved, much in the same way as Mind Over Matter.
Mind Over Matter is playing some reunion shows. Wish I could be there.

Tyranny of Normalcy

0 comments: